- Envisionme Co Virtual Talent Management (Pty) Ltd ("Envisionme") is committed to protecting the privacy of its users and strives to provide a safe and secure user experience.
- Envsionme has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and interception by third parties of the information under its control, but assumes no liability for any harm, damage or loss that a user of the Website ("the User") may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of the information transmitted over the internet.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED AND RETAINED
- A User will be required to submit personal information ("Personal Information").
- The services offered on the Website include the display of personalised products, content and advertising relating to a User's career experience and interests.
- The information provided to Envisionme is for the purpose of providing the services, responding to any User queries, operating and improving the Website, fostering a positive user experience and delivering the products and services offered to jobseekers and employers and as such may be shared within the Envisionme group of companies in order to deliver the aforesaid products and services.
- By registering on the Website and/or managing a profile on the Website or "opting in" when presented with choices on the Website, a User consents to Envisionme using his/her information, in the following ways:
- to allow the User to create an account;
- to create a profile for the User based on the information that the User submits using the Website;
- to contact the User about the Website, Website updates and information and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide the User with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- to inform the User of other products and/or services available from the Website or any of the Envisionme affiliates;
- to enable the User to provide feedback, to contact Envsionme and allow for Envisionme to respond to the User;
- to conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- to provide information about the User and the User's potential interests in job postings to prospective employers;
- to provide products and services to prospective employers for the purposes of their recruitment process;
- to provide products and services that enable Users to network, post information on bulletin boards and view and compare profiles;
- to facilitate communication between contacts identified on the Website; and
- to generate internal reports about the use of the Website.
- Envisionme may process Personal Information collected via the Website for the purposes of:
- conducting market consultation exercises; or
- providing a User with information about new developments in, or any changes to, the services provided via the Website.
- If a User does not wish to receive information about Envisionme's products or services, a User would need to comply with the relevant "opt out" provisions on the Website.
- Personal Information may also be used in aggregate form (so that no individual User is identified) to:
- build up marketing profiles;
- aid strategic development;
- manage Envisionme's relationship with advertisers; and
- audit usage of the Website.
- The products and services offered by Envisionme on the Website enable third parties to see a User's Personal Information and to contact the User. Profile information may be used for networking with other contacts and/or community members or may be visible to employers who are using the Website.
- Portions of a User's searchable applicant profile may be made public in the User's networking profile.
- Any information a User posts in the public areas of the Website or in the searchable applicant and resumè database may be accessed, used and stored by third parties, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of Personal Information.
- By providing Personal Information for inclusion on the Website, the User acknowledges his/her consent to such information being used and waives any rights he/she may have against Envisionme in respect thereof.
- While Envisionme takes measures to safeguard every User's information from unauthorised access or inappropriate use by third parties, Envisionme has no control over these third parties and is not liable for any harm, damage or loss occasioned in the use of the Website or of any breach of privacy. In particular, the User acknowledges and agrees that Envisionme shall not be responsible for any direct, indirect or consequential loss occasioned by the unauthorised use of Personal Information posted or otherwise made available in the public areas of the Website.
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS
- Envisionme discloses to third parties, within the User's country and abroad, the User's Personal Information, as set out herein.
- Envisionme discloses information to certain companies and individuals it employs to perform functions on its behalf, such as analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. Such third parties, companies and individuals may be located in countries which have different data protection legislation to the User's country and will have access to the User's Personal Information.
- The User hereby consents to the disclosure of his/her Personal Information. Examples of such disclosure include, but are not restricted to, instances where a User:
- makes his/her resumè searchable as all parties with access to the searchable resumè database (or copies thereof) will have access to the User's resumè; and
- indicates by configuring his/her profile that he/she would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties, as Envisionme will supply his/her contact information to selected third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of communicating with the User.
- Envisionme uses collected data regarding a User's interests and preferences to determine whether the User may be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party.
- Envisionme may share aggregated anonymous information regarding visitors to the Website with its clients, partners, other Website visitors and other third parties for the purpose of informing such parties about how those visitors use the Website.
- Envisionme may supply technology, hosting, hiring management and related services to other leading companies to power recruitment areas on their websites (“Partner Sites”). Personal Information supplied by a User on a Partner Site becomes part of the Envisionme database, but it is not accessible by anyone other than the User, Envisionme, and the company concerned without the User's consent.
- If a User attempts to register on the Website after registering with a Partner Site, the Website will recognise the User's information and the User will be able to use the information provided to the Partner Site in his/her Website account registration.
- If a User applies for a position through a Partner Site or a co-branded site, the User may be asked to provide information regarding his/her age, gender or race. Providing this information is strictly voluntary.
- If a User applies for an employment opportunity offered on the Website through a Partner Site, he/she may be asked to provide information on his/her gender, race, or other protected status, or for a government issued identity number, where permitted by the applicable law. Some employers are required by law to gather this information from job applicants for reporting and record-keeping requirements.
- Envisionme will disclose a User's Personal Information if legally required to do so, or may disclose information at its sole discretion and pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if compelled by law or court order to do so, or, if it has the bona fide belief that such action is necessary to:
- protect its rights or property or the rights or property of any affiliated companies; and/or
- protect the rights, property or safety of the Website, visitors of the Website or other Users.
- Envisionme may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires any or all of Envisionme's business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of Envisionme's equity or assets.
- In the event that Envisionme becomes the subject of business rescue or insolvency proceedings, whether voluntary or involuntary, Envisionme or its business rescue practitioner, liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. In such an event, Envisionme will endeavour to notify all Users of the sale by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Website.
4. USER RESUMÈ
- When a User creates or posts an applicant profile and resumè to the Website, this information is stored in Envisionme's searchable database and the User may control the status of his/her resumè by setting it to "Not Looking", "Considering" or "Actively Looking".
- If a User sets his/her status to "Not Looking", his/her information it is not searchable by potential employers or others with access to the resumè database. The User may still use his/her profile to apply online for a job. If the User does apply online for a job, his/her resumè will be transferred to the relevant employer, who may retain a copy of the resumè and/or distribute it to third parties. Envisionme cannot control the use or retention of a User's resumè information in these circumstances.
- If a User sets his/her status to "Considering", but wants his/her contact information to be confidential, the User must select this setting which will allow his/her profile to be searchable by potential employers, but the searchable information will not contain his/her contact information.
- If a User uses a confidential resumè to apply for a job online, the employer to whom the resumè is sent will be able to view the User's contact information in order to contact him/her about the application.
- If a User sets his/her status to "Actively Looking", then all parties with access to the searchable applicant and resumè database will be able to access the User's information.
- Employers or other parties with access to the database may be located in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of Personal Information.
- Envisionme attempts to limit access to the searchable applicant and resumè database to legitimate Users such as employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters and human resource professionals, as well as law enforcement and national security agencies, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database by unauthorised and nefarious means.
- Envisionme cannot control the use made of the applicant's resumé by third parties who access such resumé's while using the searchable database.
- A User may remove his/her resumé from the searchable database at any time, however, employers, recruiters and others who have access to the database, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database may have retained a copy of the User's resumé in their own files or databases. Envisionme cannot control the retention, use or privacy of resumè's or profiles that have been downloaded by third parties and accepts no liability whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, for the use of information by such third parties.
- The inclusion of any sensitive Personal Information relating to a User's political, philosophical and/or religious beliefs, membership of a trade union or political party, physical or mental health or genetic makeup, additions, sexual orientation and criminal offences or associated penalties in a personal profile/online resumè submitted on the Website is not encouraged as third parties’ will have access to such information. Envisionme accepts no liability whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, for the unauthorised use thereof.
5. POSTING INFORMATION IN THE PUBLIC AREAS OF THE WEBSITE
If a User posts any Personal Information in public areas of the Website, such as in online forums or walls, or on the searchable applicant profile and resumè database, such information may be collected and used by others over whom Envisionme has no control. Envisionme cannot control the use made by third parties of such information and accordingly accepts no liability whatsoever for the unauthorised use thereof.
6. ACCESS TO AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
- The Website retains all the information gathered about Users in the interests of making repeat use of the products and services offered more efficient, practical and relevant to each User.
- Every User may have access to, review, correct, update, change or delete his/her account profile information or resumè at any time.
- Before providing a User with a copy of his/her Personal Information or correcting, updating or deleting such information, Envisionme reserves the right to verify and authenticate the User's identity and the Personal Information to which the User has requested access.
- Access to or correction, updating or deletion of a User's Personal Information may be denied or limited by Envisionme if such action would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- Envisionme will retain an archival copy of all information submitted by a User on the Website, and the archival copy will not be accessible by the User or third parties.
- Envisionme is required by the Electronic Communications and Transaction Act, 2002 to retain:
- an archival copy of such information for a period of at least 1 (one) year and reserves the right to retain such information for any further period thereafter as is reasonably necessary for audit and record purposes.
- a record of any third party to whom a User's Personal Information has been disclosed, with the User's consent, for a period of at least 1 (one) year
- Envisionme shall delete or destroy all such information stored by it after the period(s) referred to in clause 6.6 has lapsed.
- If a User does not log into his/her account for more than 6 (six) months, Envisionme reserves the right to change his/her status to "Not Looking".
- If a User does not log into his/her account for a period of 36 (thirty six) months, the User's account will automatically expire and may be scheduled for deletion. Envisionme reserves the right to extend or reduce the 36 (thirty six) month period referred to above for the purposes of adjustment to changing hiring patterns.
7. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- When placing an order on the Website, a User's credit card information is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") protocol.
- The Website is not intended for, nor does Envisionme knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 (thirteen).
8. CHANGES TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
- Cookies are uniquely assigned to the User's computer and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to the User. Cookies may be placed on a User's computer both when visiting and when registering on the Website and enables the Website to retrieve the information a User may previously have provided, allowing the User to easily access the features that the User may have customised.
- The Website predominately uses "session cookies", which are not permanently stored on the User's hard drive and which expire after a period of inactivity or when the User closes his/her browser.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION
- All Personal Information relating to Users is hosted and stored in a database on servers situated in the United States of America, the United Kingdom and South Africa, which are controlled and maintained by Envisionme, whose principal place of business is at 100 West Street, Sandton, 2196, South Africa.
- Envisionme will use reasonable efforts to answer all questions and concerns promptly.